Data Protection Notice for Donors, Service Users and Volunteers
This Data Protection Notice (“Notice”) sets out the basis which Sathya Sai Social Service (“we, “us”, “our” or “4S”) may collect, use, disclose or otherwise process personal data of our prospective service users, service users, service users’ authorised representative, donors, volunteers in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act (“PDPA”). This Notice applies to personal data in our possession or under our control, including personal data in the possession of organisations which we have engaged to collect, use, disclose or process personal data for our purposes.
Collection, use, disclosure or otherwise processing of personal data of our service users on behalf of government ministries or statutory boards will be in accordance with guidelines set out in the government’s data management policy. 4S will comply with the relevant requirements under the government’s data management policy.
- As used in this Notice:
“personal data” means data, whether true or not, about an individual (whether a prospective service user, service users, service users’ authorised representative, donors, volunteers or otherwise) who can be identified: (a) from that data; or (b) from that data and other information to which we have or are likely to have access.
- Depending on the nature of your interaction with us, some examples of personal data which we may collect from you include name, identification numbers such as NRIC, fin, work permit and birth certificate, contact information such as residential address, email address or telephone number, nationality, gender, date of birth, marital status, medical history, photographs and other audio-visual information, employment information and financial information such as credit card numbers, debit card numbers or bank account information.
COLLECTION, USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
- We generally do not collect your personal data unless (a) it is provided to us voluntarily by you directly or via a third party who has been duly authorised by you to disclose your personal data to us (your “authorised representative”) after (i) you (or your authorised representative) have been notified of the purposes for which the data is collected, and (ii) you (or your authorised representative) have provided written consent to the collection and usage of your personal data for those purposes, or (b) collection and use of personal data without consent is permitted or required by the PDPA or other laws. We shall seek your consent before collecting any additional personal data and before using your personal data for a purpose which has not been notified to you (except where permitted or authorised by law).
- Depending on your relationship with us, we may use your personal data for the following purposes:
- Establishing or managing relationship such as employment, use of services and processing donation, research and volunteer management
- Providing information to client as requested on 4S upcoming events/activities
- Verification of identities
- Responding to, handling and processing query, request, application, complaint and feedback
- Complying with any applicable laws, regulations, codes of practice, guidelines or rules, or to assist in law enforcement and investigations conducted by any governmental and/or regulatory authority
- Transmitting to any unaffiliated third parties, including 4S third party service providers, agents, and relevant governmental and/or regulatory authorities
- Any other incidental purposes related to or in connection with the above
WITHDRAWING YOUR CONSENT
- The consent that you provide for the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data will remain valid until such time it is being withdrawn by you or your authorised representative in writing. You or your authorised representative may withdraw consent and request us to stop collecting, using and/or disclosing your personal data for any or all of the purposes listed above by submitting your request via email or otherwise in writing, to our Data Protection Officer at the contact details provided below. If you require assistance with the submission of your request, you can ask to speak to or meet with our Data Protection Officer.
- Depending on the nature and scope of your request, we may not be in a position to continue providing our goods or services to you and we shall, in such circumstances, notify you before completing the processing of your request. Should you decide to cancel your withdrawal of consent, please inform us via email.
ACCESS TO AND CORRECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
- If you wish to make (a) an access request for access to a copy of the personal data which we hold about you or information about the ways in which we use or disclose your personal data, or (b) a correction request to correct or update any of your personal data which we hold about you, you may submit your request via email or otherwise in writing, to our Data Protection Officer at the contact details provided below. If you require assistance with the submission of your request, you can ask to speak to or meet with our Data Protection Officer.
PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
- To safeguard your personal data from unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks, we have introduced appropriate administrative, physical and technical measures such as up-to-date antivirus protection, encryption, use of privacy filters, and disclosing personal data both internally and to our authorised third party service providers and agents only on a need-to-know basis.
- You should be aware, however, that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is completely secure.
ACCURACY OF PERSONAL DATA
- We generally rely on personal data provided by you (or your authorised representative). In order to ensure that your personal data is current, complete and accurate, please update us if there are changes to your personal data by informing our Data Protection Officer at the contact details provided below.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
- We may retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected, or as required or permitted by applicable laws.
- We will cease to retain your personal data, or remove the means by which the data can be associated with you, as soon as it is reasonable to assume that such retention no longer serves the purpose for which the personal data was collected, and is no longer necessary for legal or business purposes.
DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
- You may contact our Data Protection Officer if you have any enquiries or feedback on our personal data protection policies and procedures, or if you wish to make any request, in the following manner:
Contact No. : 67473515
Email Address : DPO@4s.org.sg
For all requests, our response will be within 10 (ten) working days.
EFFECT OF NOTICE AND CHANGES TO NOTICE
- We may revise this Notice from time to time without any prior notice. Please refer to our website from time to time for any changes and/or updates to our Policy. Your continued use of our services constitutes your acknowledgement and acceptance of such changes.